New Ofsted website requirements checklist for maintained schools
The Mustard Agency has created a valuable checking tool free of charge for maintained schools. Our spreadsheet can be downloaded from our Blog and completed by whoever checks your website for compliance – often the Website Manager or Bursar/SBM.
The spreadsheet lists what maintained schools MUST publish on their website – and hyperlinks to relevant guidance. There are cells that you can fill in as you check your pages for correct content.
Our spreadsheet can be downloaded here
Columns in the spreadsheet are laid out for ease of use:
- Ofsted requirements are listed numerically from 1 to 80 (Col A) in the order they appear in the DfE’s guidance.
- Each requirement is detailed (Col B), and
- The school website URL/link where your statutory information is listed (Col C);
- Whether the URL/link is in place and working (Yes/No) (Col D);
- The date the page was checked as working (in date format) (Col E);
- The name of the person who checked the page (Col F).
The spreadsheet also has 30 hyperlinks to relevant descriptions, legislation, publications, on-line resources, best practice and templates.
Two other spreadsheets included for free are a typical Mustard Agency primary school sitemap, and a spreadsheet with the company’s latest website, photography and prospectus prices.
The Excel file is attached as a Read-Only Excel document. If you don’t know how to save a Read-Only spreadsheet take a look at this short sharp YouTube video:
A version of the spreadsheet for Academies, Free Schools and FE Colleges is in production. Make sure you use the right one for your school!
If you have any queries, or want to speak to one of our website experts, please call us on 01722 744033 or email us at: [email protected]