SEO (Search Engine Optimisation) “The Facts”
Seo is important in giving your website the opportunity to have higher ranking and increase the traffic to your website. Research shows that users are influence by search engine results and if your site doesn’t rank high enough, most online users won’t visit your site so good SEO will ensure your site won’t get left behind!
Here are some facts about and statistics that support the value of SEO:
– 93% of online experiences begin with a search engine
– Google owns 65-70% of the search engine market share
– 70-80% of users ignore the paid ads and focus on the organic results
– 75% of users never scroll past the first page of search results (unless they’re desperate!)
– Users believe that the website links at the top of a search engine are the most credible or relevant.
-After typing in their keywords, online users are most likely to to use the first 10 links of the first page of results.
– Almost 100% of users change their keyword search after their initial search is unsuccessful
– Over 40% of users click the first ranking site on search engines.
– Over 70% of users find a website via a search engine.
In conclusion, online users frequently use search engines to find content, websites or products and if your site is not high ranking on the first page of results, it’s unlikely the user will find and use your site.